Child Abuse Prevention Training
The Child Abuse Prevention Training course is available to assist districts in complying with AS 47.17.022, Child Protection Training. This statute requires districts to provide training to all mandated reporters of child abuse and neglect with training within their first 6 months of employment as well as once every 5 years thereafter.
The Child Abuse Prevention eLearning course offers educators and parents the opportunity to:
- Understand the magnitude of child abuse and neglect in Alaska and the impact child abuse and neglect have on children
- Know which school district personnel are mandated reporters
- Comprehend Alaskan child abuse and neglect laws
- Learn techniques for recognition and detection of child abuse and neglect
- Know agencies and organizations in Alaska that offer aid to victims/families suffering abuse and neglect
Registration - To register for an eLearning account, please complete our online account request form.