Gender and Race Equity Mandated Trainings
(please note: district staff are not required to utilize these resources. Districts may use alternative resources)
The Department of Education has created 2 Gender and Race Equity eLearning courses.
- Gender and Race Equity - This eLearning course is intended for use by all certificated staff.
- Gender and Race Equity: Supplemental for Counselors - This course is intended to be taken by counselors (in addition the Alaska Gender and Race Equity course) to satisfy the mandate for specialized training for staff assigned to provide guidance and counseling services.
Gender and Race Equity eLearning Courses
This eLearning course has been created to assist districts in complying with AS 14.18.060 (b) and 4 AAC 06.550. These require certificated staff to receive biennial (every two years) training on gender bias and discrimination.
Gender and Race Equity: supplemental for Counselors eLearning Course
This eLearning course has been created to assist districts in complying with 4 AAC 06.530. This regulation requires additional training for all certificated personnel who are assigned to provide guidance and counseling services. This training provides counselors with training/resources that encourage students to explore and develop individual interests in vocational programs and career opportunities without regard to gender.
Registration - To register for an eLearning account, please complete our online account request form.
Star Rating: 3 out of 4
- Valuable statistics, resources and tips to deal with gender and race equity
- Interesting and informative. I became aware of many aspects of this topic than I had been previously. I also understand now my responsibility as a teacher and worker in the schools with regards to Equity
- I found this to be helpful and informative especially the examples of school incidents and responses to them