Alaska Parent Guide
The Department of Education & Early Development has developed web-based, interactive training courses for educators on special education topics.
The Alaska Parent Guide eLearning course offers learners the opportunity to learn:
- Some of parents' rights with regard to the education of their exceptional child
- Some of the child's rights to an education
- The signs indicating the child's possible qualification for referral
- Who may refer their child for evaluation
- The process for evaluation
- Individualized education for a child
- How to initiate a complaint regarding education for a child
- How such complaints are resolved
Registration - To register for an eLearning account, please complete our online account request form.