Language Arts |
Social Studies |
World Languages |
This web site contains curriculum development information in the areas listed below.
It is primarily intended for use by school district curriculum development committees,
however, we hope it will prove useful to others as well.
The Alaska Department of Education & Early Development's
Curriculum Frameworks Project
- If you would like to find out more about the Frameworks Project, begin here
with a brief history of this project, and notes on the curriculum development
process. This introduction is a common chapter, shared by all of the content
- Starting Point
- This section addresses a definition of curriculum, guiding assumptions, and
general recommendations. This is a common chapter, shared by all of the content
- The Arts curriculum development materials include dance, drama, music,
and the literary and visual arts.
- The Skills for a Healthy Life curriculum development materials include
standards, instruction, and resources. The curriculum covers both individual health,
and the individual's contribution to the health of the community.
- English & Language Arts
- The Language Arts section covers speaking and writing; reading, listening,
and viewing; presenting and explaining positions; and completing independent
and cooperative projects.
- Math & Science
- The Math and Science section emphasizes that all students are capable of
learning complex concepts and skills through appropriate instruction and
- Social Studies
- The Social Studies section helps the reader apply the Alaska standards for
History, Geography and Government/Citizenship in effective instruction and
- World Languages
- When we learn more than one language, we open doors to new ways of thinking
and doing. The World Languages discipline is about making connections.
- Reference Points
- This section excerpts pertinent Alaska education laws. This is a common
chapter, shared by all of the content sections.
- The Glossary contains definitions of terms used throughout
the Frameworks web site. This is a common chapter, shared by all of the content
- Related On-line Resources
- This section provides links to additional resources.
Frameworks is a project of the
Alaska Department of Education & Early Development
Questions? Comments? Please reference the site you are looking at and send e-mail to: