State Education Policy
It is the policy of this state that the purpose of education is to help ensure that all students will succeed in their education and work, shape worthwhile and satisfying lives for themselves, exemplify the best values of society, and be effective in improving the character and quality of the world about them.
To ensure quality standards-based instruction to improve academic achievement for all students.
- Provide and evaluate a comprehensive student and school standards, assessment and accountability system based on student, school, educator, and culturally responsive standards.
- Provide and support standards-based professional development and mentoring for Alaska’s educators.
- Provide a statewide program to ensure all students have the foundational skills required for success.
- Secure and award educational funding to school districts and other educational organizations.
- Providing high quality data to school districts and stakeholders.
- Teaching & Learning Support
- School Finance & Facilities
- Libraries, Archives, & Museums
- Administrative Services
- Mt. Edgecumbe High School