Professional Development Required for School District Staff
4 AAC 52.260
AAC 52.260 Personnel Development
Each district shall provide a program of on-going training for all general and special education administrative and instructional personnel, providers of related services, support personnel, including teacher aides, and, as appropriate, bus drivers and bus aides. The district program must implement and use the comprehensive system of personnel development established by the department under 34 C.F.R. 300.380 - 300.387, as revised as of May 11, 1999 and adopted by reference.
(History: Eff. 7/1/83, Register 86; am 11/26/93, Register 128; am 8/22/2001, Register 159)
Authority: AS 14.07.060, AS 14.30.250, AS 14.30.255
To view the regulation in its entirety, search for the regulation 4 AAC 52.260 here.
Available EED resources to comply with the above regulation
(please note: district staff are not required to utilize this resource. Districts may use alternative resources).
Staff may choose one or a combination of the following eLearning courses:
- Special Education: Alaska Parent Guide (1.5 hours)
- Special Education: An Introduction to Early Childhood Transition from Part C to Part B (1 hour)
- Special Education: Early Childhood Outcomes (1 hour)
- Special Education: Eligibility Categories (6 hours)
- Speical Education: Evaluation Summary and Eligibility Review (ESER) (1.5 hours)
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Training for Educators (3 hours)
- Special Education: Identifying Learning Theory (1.5 hours)
- Special Education: Individualized Education Program (1 hour)
- Special Education: Monitoring Student Progress (1.5 hours)
- Special Education: Post Secondary Transition Planning in the IEP (45 minutes)
- Special Education: Roles and Responsibilities (1.5 hours)
- Special Education: Strategies for Accommodating Individual Need (1.5 hours)
- Special Education: Supporting Student Learning Styles (1.5 hours)
Last Updated 8/26/14