Regulations Adopted by the State Board & Under Review by the Department of Law
Review of adopted regulations is done first by the Department of Law. After its review, the package is sent to the Lt. Governor’s Office for a final review. The regulation becomes effective 30 days after the Lt. Governor has signed off.
The Department of Education & Early Development adopted regulation changes in Title 4 of the Alaska Administrative Code 4 AAC 06.812 - .899, School and District Accountability, including:
- providing a different metric for alternative schools;
- amending the calculation of the graduation rate indicator for very small schools;
- amending the criteria for requiring a 4-star or 5-star school to complete an improvement plan;
- amending the date for providing preliminary ASPI scores to schools; and
- technical changes to bring more clarity