Language Arts |
Social Studies |
World Languages |
Alaska Department of Education & Early Development
Social Studies Links; Frameworks Project
The Alaska Department of Education & Early Development is in no way responsible
for the content of any World Wide Web site to which we establish links. The content of the following
sites was considered useful for teachers and curriculum committees at the time the sites were
selected. Because of the dynamic nature of the Web, these sites and the links they maintain may
change so that they no longer support our point of view or the content of these frameworks.
assumes all responsibility for any content encountered in these sites--and beyond.
- Arctic Circle Home
- - History, Culture and Environment
African American History
- National Council for the Social Studies
- National Council for the Social Studies--Online
- New Hampshire K-12 Social Studies Curriculum Framework
Introduction K-12 Broad Goals for Social Studies Education
Civics and Government Economics Geography History
- New Hampshire K-12 Social Studies Curriculum Framework
Introduction K-12 Broad Goals for
Social Studies Education Civics and Government Economics Geography History
References Contributors to This...
- The Federal Web Locator
- The Federal Web Locator is a service provided by the Villanova Center for Information Law and Policy and is intended to be the one stop shopping point for federal government information on the World Wide Web.
- Legislative Information on the Internet
- In the spirit of Thomas Jefferson, a service of the U.S. Congress through its Library.
- Library of Congress
- The Library serves as the research arm of Congress and is recognized as the national library of the United States. Its collections comprise the world's most comprehensive record of human creativity and knowledge. Open to those above high school age without charge or special permission, it is the world's largest library and a great resource to scholars and researchers.
- SSA Home Page
- Welcome to Social Security Online, a service of the Social Security Administration, with headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. Information on this server is maintained by the Social Security Online Team and is part of our Agency's commitment to the goal of providing World Class Service.
- U.S. Department of Health
- The Department of Health and Human Services must be accessible to those it serves. Better service for our customers is one of my highest priorities as Secretary. And availability of HHS resources thru electronic means is one part of better service to Americans. I welcome you to HHS on the Internet. We'll be working on a continuous basis to add to this service and improve it. I invite your comments to help us serve the American people better.
- U.S. House Of Representatives
- The U.S. House of Representatives' World Wide Web service provides public access to legislative information as well as information about Members, Committees, and Organizations of the House and to other U.S. government information resources.
- U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act
- This document allows you to access the complete text of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act, Title 8 of the U.S. Code (8 USC) in a variety of ways. Hyperlinks have been embedded in the Code to permit following cross-references between sections with a simple mouse click. A WAIS-based full-text search engine allows you to quickly locate Code sections by content.
- United States Postal Service
- Here's where you can find all sorts of postal related information. Read the large archive of USPS News Releases. Find out all about the U.S. Postal Service and its proud history, review information from various postal organizations, and use our Postal Information Locator.
- Welcome to the White House
- Welcome to the White House An Interactive Citizen's Handbook
- CNN Interactive
- Welcome to CNN, up-to-the-minute news on the Internet and World Wide Web.
- The Constitution of the United States of America
- We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. . . .
- The Declaration of Independence
- When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. . . .
- Primary Destination: New Hampshire
- Primary News - Keep up with the candidates as they court New Hampshire voters in their pursuit of the presidency. Read news reports, columns, editorials or download photos from Foster's Daily Democrat and The Citizen of Laconia, supplemented by The Christian Science Monitor, The New York Times Syndicate and the Associated Press. Relive important moments in history by accessing our library of past New Hampshire presidential primary stories. Track election trends with previous general election and primary results.
- WebMuseum: Bienvenue!
- If this is one of your first trips on the Web, you may want to start exploring a tiny subset of the collections first: try out the medieval art exhibit. However, most artworks are exhibited in the Famous Paintings section. One final word: if you ever get lost, feel free to experiment the endpage navigation panel. Enjoy!
References Starting Page |