Standard D: Present and Explain Positions
A student should be able to think logically and reflectively
in order to present and explain positions based on relevant
and reliable information.
Rationale: Students must examine their own and others'
perspectives, and communicate their opinions and ideas.
They must be able to craft new knowledge based on serious
research and systematic inquiry.
A student who meets this standard should be able to:
Error processing SSI file
- develop a position by:
- reflecting on personal experiences, prior knowledge,
and new information,
- formulating and refining questions
- identifying a variety of pertinent sources of
- analyzing and synthesizing information, and
- determining an author's purposes,
- evaluate the validity, objectivity, reliability,
and quality of information read, heard, and seen;
- give credit and cite references as appropriate; and
- explain and defend a position orally, in writing,
and with visual aids as appropriate.