Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault Educator Training
This eLearning course is a free resource provided by the Department of Education & Early Development to assist schools in complying with Alaskan Statute 18.66.310 which requires all mandated reporters of child abuse and neglect to also receive training on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. The eLearning course was developed in collaboration with the Alaska Network on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and the Alaska Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault to ensure accuracy and quality content.
The Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault eLearning course offers learners the opportunity to:
- Understand the magnitude of domestic violence and sexual assault in Alaska
- Better understand the lethality of domestic violence
- Understand the impact of childhood exposure to DV & sexual assault
- Follow procedures designed to promote safety and available resources
Star Rating: 3+ out of 4
- This information is very important for educators (and the general public) to be aware of. No one should be subjected to this treatment or to even have to witness it. I found this course to be very informative and feel more comfortable with the procedures required for Alaska Educators concerning this topic
- The statistics and data were very alarming and informative. I thought it helpful to bring it back to home and realize how important it is to be knowledgeable of this topic. I wish it would have went more in-depth on reporting for individuals in different positions and scenarios
- Very informative. I truly had no idea that DVSA was so prevalant in our state!