Teacher Certification

Institutional Recommendation, State Recommendation, or Proof of Program Enrollment

An Institutional Recommendation, a State Recommendation (if an alternate program for certification has been completed--for teachers only), or a Proof of Program Enrollment (for teachers only) must be submit or on file with Teacher Certification. Applicants should only submit the one that applies to their situations. If a university teacher preparation program was completed, submit the complete institutional recommendation. If a state-approved (non-university) program was completed, submit a state recommendation. If a teacher preparation program has not been completed, submit the proof of program enrollment form.

Alaska does not accept transcript analysis or testing in lieu of program completion.