USDA Policy Memo 04-03 requires all State agencies to provide annual training to all Child and Adult Care Food Programs (CACFP) and requires attendance. Child Nutrition Programs offers this annual training on a regional basis in Anchorage, Fairbanks, and Juneau and through distance delivery for those who cannot attend in person. Training is provided each fall for returning institutions.
Two training topics are routinely provided for returning institutions: Administrative Update and Program Basics. All programs must attend the Administrative Update on an annual basis. Program Basics should be attended by the CACFP contact person at least once as well as all new administrative staff. Many institutions bring their cooks to this training.
Child Care Centers who are interested in operating the CACFP in their center must attend state agency training prior to starting on the program. Two training topics are required: CACFP Administrative Requirements for New Child Care Centers and CACFP Program Basics for New Child Care Centers. Training for new programs and current programs with new staff members is offered on a quarterly basis, as need arises. Check with Child Nutrition Programs for upcoming training dates.
- CNP Web Tutorial for Child Care Centers - pdf
- CNP Web Tutorial for Sponsors of Family Day Care Homes - word
- Early Head Start & Head Start Administrative Update (FY15) - powerpoint
- Happy Mealtimes for Healthy Kids - powerpoint
- "Full Happy Mealtimes for Healthy Kids" training including trainer's manual and handouts is available at: http://www.nfsmi.org/ResourceOverview.aspx?ID=83
- Infant Meals Component of CACFP - powerpoint
- CACFP Infant Jeopardy - powerpoint
- Adult Care Program Administrative Update (FY15) - powerpoint
- Emergency Care Administrative Update (FY15) - powerpoint
- At-Risk Afterschool Meals Administrative Update (FY15) - powerpoint
- Food Allergies, Intolerances, & Disabilities - powerpoint
- CACFP Administrative Requirements for New Centers – July 2015 - powerpoint
- CACFP Program Basics for New Centers – July 2015 – powerpoint
Annual Fall Training
- CACFP Administrative Training is offered once a year and is required
- CACFP Basic Training is required for programs in their renewal year, new programs, and highly recommended for administrators of existing programs.
- CACFP Infant Training is highly recommended for those serving infants
CACFP Annual Training for Adult Care and Emergency Centers is required and will be offered through distance delivery. Training registration for these programs will be sent via e-mail