Special Needs in Child Nutrition Programs
- Medical Statement - A Medical Statement must be on file for all children with disabilities or allergies who need special meals or accommodations.
- Food Allergies in Schools - A website developed by the Centers for Disease Control providing information on the safety and public health concerns of food allergies in schools.
- Handbook for Children with Special Food and Nutrition Needs National Food Service Management Institute - pdf
- USDA Accommodating Children Special Dietary Needs - pdf
USDA Policy & Guidance
- Guidance Related to the ADA Amendments Act - pdf
- Guidance Related to Nutrition Requirements for Fluid Milk - pdf
- Q & As: Milk Substitutions for Children with Medical or Special Dietary Needs (Non-Disablity) - pdf
- #1 Q & As: Milk Substitution for Children with Medical or Special Dietary Needs (Non-Disability) - pdf
- Final Fluid Milk Substitution Rule - pdf
- Meal Substitutions for Medical or Other Special Dietary Reasons - pdf