DEED Social Media Policy
The Alaska Department of Education and Early Development’s (DEED) social media sites are for the purposes of sharing information and building a supportive and engaging community regarding public school education, libraries, museums, and the arts in Alaska.
DEED asks that participants present information in a courteous and respectful manner that is on topic.
DEED does not endorse posted comments, images, and external hyperlinks by others and they do not necessarily represent the views of DEED, its staff, the State Board of Education and Early Development, or the State of Alaska.
DEED has the right to review, edit, move, or delete any information or material submitted to its social media sites. Posts that are found to be in violation of the following standards are subject to removal without notification to the author:
- Any posts containing obscene, graphic, explicit, or racial comments will be removed, including any comments that are abusive, hateful, or potentially libelous.
- Any posts that are harassing or discriminatory in nature or that contain profane language or imagery will be removed.
- Any posts that divulge confidential, personal, or student information will be removed.
- Any posts that are clearly off topic or are used to sell, promote, or advertise any products or services may be removed.
- Links that are considered to be spam may be removed.
- Any posts related to campaigns, elections, or partisan politics will be removed; Alaska law prohibits use of state equipment and resources for campaign or partisan political purposes.
- Any posts deemed inconsistent with the purpose of this page may be removed.
DEED reserves the right to ban from its social media pages, without warning or notification, a user who violates the post standards or who does not engage in a courteous or respectful manner.
If you have questions, please contact our office at (907) 465-2800.
The State of Alaska is not responsible for the content on any site outside of a State of Alaska department.
Thank you for connecting with DEED.